There are 3 ways how to receive credit
1) Students in the end of the 5th week of Ob/Gyn rotation will discuss clinical case at the departement. (according the table) and will get a signed certificate (for download here). There will be no mark, this signed document, please bring to Mrs. Urbanova. (Office Apolinar, First floor, Chairman office)
2) Certificate about 2 clinical weeks - to Mrs. Urbanova
3) Certificate about Full course at cooperating Universities - to Mrs. Urbanova or via Students office
Clinical case: teacher will provide you with clinical situation f.e. - bleeding menopausal women - and you will think about causes, what examination will help you to get to the diagnosis and suggested treatment. This should be a training for understanding "Clinical questions"
During the Ob/Gyn rotation please register for FB group, allowing common and fast communication between students, teachers.
Dear students, (6th year)
As you already know Ob/Gyn Syllabus last 7 weeks – (3 weeks practical seminars and theoretical lectures, 2 weeks clinical attendance, 1 study week, and 1 exam week)
We will encourage you to do voluntary summer elective where you should see (normal delivery, Ob/Gyn ultrasound examination, hysterectomy, cesarean section, gynecological examination and routine ward care) We will recognize this voluntary elective (worldwide, only certificate needed) and you will be able to skip 2 weeks clinical attendance.
Therefore, there will be 3 ways how to fulfil criteria for Ob/Gyn subject.
You will always need to pass final State exam at First Faculty.
1) Full attendance of 5+2weeks at the First Faculty
2) You will attend 2 weeks clinical elective (any Ob/Gyn department -worldwide), bring stamped certificate. Then you will be required to attend 3 weeks practical seminars and theoretical lectures.
3) You will attend full Ob/Gyn program of recognized university abroad. This requires receiving our pre-approval. You will send us your request, with the name of university and its Ob/Gyn syllabus. After our review you will (or not) receive our approval and you will be required before the state exam bring us a certificate from the visiting university.
Those 3 options you chooce in SIS as a subgroup of Ob/Gyn. In case you will need exceptionally switch group you need send as an email
A/Prof. Kamil Švabík, M.D. Ph.D. – vice-chair for English teaching program Ob/Gyn